You are expected to:
- Listen carefully to all directions about assignments.
- Ask questions if the assignment is not clear.
- Keep a record of assignments.
- Have a definite time and place for study, free from interruptions and supplied with working materials.
- Utilize study skills in preparation of assignments. Turn in assignments when they are due.
- Make use of such aids as a dictionary, libraries, maps, and general reference materials. Consult with people who are authorities or are experienced in various fields.
- Organize and prepare homework assignments that meet standards of expectation.
- Take the initiative to make up work missed due to an absence.
- Study independently unless a group projects has been assigned.
- Discuss homework assignments with parents.
- Complete and return all homework assignments.
- Produce a high quality of work incorporating the highest level of accuracy and neatness of which they are capable.
- Develop good study habits and a sense of responsibility for their own achievement.
- Make up all missed assignments (when allowed) and return them to the teacher as directed.
Your parents are expected to:
- Provide conditions at home conducive to study — the needed space, materials, and quiet time.
- Encourage completion of all homework assignments.
- Assist teachers in developing student initiative and responsibility.
When you are absent for one or two days, you are to contact your teachers upon returning to school. Make-up assignments may be requested for absences of more than two days. Additional make-up work assignments will not be given until the prior assignments are submitted.